Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Hidden secrets of the Dread












Hmm... I was wrong. The arrival of the dread somehow unfolds itself with much pleasant surprises. Firstly, there

was the walk at River Ang Bao, which to my surprise, was pretty enjoyable. The COMPANY that is.

I always believed that it's the company that counts, which in this case, I was right. I had enjoyed the walk through the crowd while hearing the cute whining of Miss Charming Sweetie Pie of being hot and perspiring. Well, this is one kinda 'whining' that I probably will not find a dread hearing. It's really cute n funny when you hear her whine. The soft, cutsy manner when she phrase her words, alas, softens the negativity of the whining. Adding a little laughter too.

One of the highlights was towards the centre of the event venue was the 12 Chinese Animal Characters. Me, Miss Charming Sweetie Pie, The Great Salesman and Miss Jovial aka Leader of the Band was like hunting ard to find their characters. I'm never was keen on this kinda characters n horoscopes reading and I am quite in fact against the idea, being a Christian I suppose. But since I'm there, I just help them to find their's. I guess the most difficult to find was the one belonging to Miss Charming Sweetie Pie. We were like, walking in circles just to find her's. I was thinking to myself, is she dat much a difficult person as to finding her Zodiac? Dun judge a book by her cover, but it has not been proven so... as for now. I would like to read it one day. Period.

I am very much amazed by the how people believes in what's written there. They do not bother about the source of the writings and just read as if it's 'true' (on the positive and well preferred writings). Still it gives hopes to all who reads. A source of 'encouragement' for the positive divination and a warning for the negatives.

In Chinese characters, there 2 interpretations on the word 'Hope' that I like very much. They are 'Xi Wang' and 'Pang Wang'. Both can be loosely translate as 'Hope', except that in Chinese language, these words are more exact in meaning.

'Xi Wang' - A hope that one has in hoping that the hope he hopes for will materialise, by just blank thought constantly. Intangible connotation.

'Pang Wang' - A hope that one is looking forward to its materialising, in matter of time. Tangible connotation.

It is through Christ that we can Pang Wang all good to come in this life, living this life to look forward to His second coming and eternal life and as the Bible says, he had came and will come again. What are you looking for in life? What is your hopes based on? The tangible or the intangible? You make your choice. Period.



On the River Ang Bao -

The crowd was not that pack to the extend that we have to squeeze and push around. There's still room to walk around with occassion brushing of shoulders. And that's pretty much about it. As for the stalls there, it's the typical pasar malam stuff. How I wish that the organisers can come up with more relevant stuff to feature there. I remembered once I worked at the River Ang Bao. I was with a talent mgmt coy selling balloon sculptures. It sold like hot cakes. RAB was introduced a few years ago then, which the idea was still pretty fresh in the mind of Singaporean. However, one thing about the RAB that I would like to praise about was the deco. It is much better that those that I had went (although I still think it has much more to improve on). There wasn't much peripherals events other than the deco and the stall (or perhaps we were there at the 'wrong' time???). It does liven up the venue a litte if they had chinese arcobatics performing or busking.

The Fire Works -

It was pretty spectacular. It was a rough 5 mins display. It came upon as a surprise (which I pretty much dislike the idea, although Miss Charming Sweetie Pie kinda likes it, sheesh... haha). Here are some highlights for those who missed it. Not fanstatically taken, but here's my best shot.



Well... that's all I have for the fireworks. Looking forward to...

No comments: