Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Seven under Par



It's been quite some time since I last shared my thoughts. Quite. Things happened so quickly that I do not know where to start actually.

First of all, I hosted 2 weddings in a row over 2 weekends. Somehow, I think I am signing on to this new found 'career'. Haha... Perhaps I should consider selling it as a service.

Although I love weddings, working in one is actually kinda different. At times, I felt special, and others, I don't. I guess it's pretty much who are you 'working' for. How close is the bride and groom to you. If it's someone whom you know but not very close, I think the feeling is just mutual. Nevertheless, I enjoyed most of the sessions I was hosting in.

Nevermind that. I realised, I should be more active in my work. I should be pushy towards myself, which for the past week, I did pushed myself a little. Work has been progressive, and I praise God for His blessings.

Looking at the tv show 'Yong Bu Yan Bai' makes me even more motivated to bring my work towards excellence. I sometimes wonder if these contestants realised that they are not just not good, but they terrible. Terrible singers, terrible jokers and terrible entertainers. The word 'terrible', I consider, is already being gracious to them. I can never understand those people who take part in America Idol, minus the able singers, they dressed up outrageously fanciful and worst of all can't sing a single proper note. Then again, it's in the US, so I guess these people are pushing their luck to its limit. But in Singapore??? Don't these contestants know that there's no easy path towards success in the line of entertainment??? If, by singing badly is able to get them fame, they should realise that it's probably a negative one.

I seriously hope that Mediacorp will come out something solid, something that is worth my time to watch. These so-called contest is actually, I feel, 'making a fool of yourself tv show'. By no means I am insulting the tv program, but I do feel that although there people deserved a 'second chance', I do hope that they at least put in effort to put up a good show and for the judges, at least select those who can make it.

Now... here are some photos from my friend n cousin's wedding.



Me n Winston











Me my bro and my cousin



Me n my niece, Rena

No comments: